Induction motor soft starters
These intelligent motor soft starters are manufacturing under power electronics technologies, microprocessor technologies and modern control theory technologies, it's an up-to-date international advanced starting device. These soft starters can restrict induction AC motor starting voltage effectively during motor start-up period, which can be widely used in fans & pumps, compressors and other heavy load equipments. This soft starter is an ideal replacement for star/delta conversion, self-coupling voltage reduction and magnetron control voltage reduction devices etc.
Soft starter features
- Select customizable parameters through simple programming according load types.
- Three startup types are optional, it's convenient for a motor soft starter to control different motor loads.
- Detect motor start-up feedback voltage to achieve closed-loop control, to ensure electric motor start successful in variety load conditions.
- Three start-up modes: voltage ramp start mode can get maximum output torque; constant current soft start mode can limit start-up current maximum; direct soft start mode can start motor soft starter directly.
- Programmable delay start and chain control mode.
- No requirements of input phase sequence.
- Start/stop time can be changed easily.
- With various protection functions: over-current, 3 phase current unbalance, overheating, phase lost and motor overload protection.
- Dynamic fault record function, it's easy to find fault reasons.
- Online check the largest starting current and the maximum operation current.
- Fieldbus dynamic control and monitor the soft starters for easy network system control.
- Character display: LCD screen displays various working parameters, text prompts under programming and fault conditions.
Soft starter typical applications
Pumps - the soft-stop function ease water hammer occurs during stop period, saving the system maintenance costs.
Ball mill - the voltage ramp start-up can reduce gear torque wearing and reduce maintenance workload, saving time and costs.
Fans - reduce belt wearing and mechanical shocking, saving maintenance costs.
Compressor - achieve smooth start by limiting current to reduce motor heating and prolong motor service life.
Belt conveyor - achieve smooth and gradual starting process by soft starters to avoid shifting and spillage.