How to design an Panel required for PLC / MCC / Drive
2. Type of protection (used to say as IP).
3. Spacing depends upon the Power handled by the conductors inside Panel and the ventilation system.
4. Cable Entry / Bus bar entry may depend on the application and site condition. it may be at rear/bottom or at the top.
5. When comes to Drive, if the site condition is too hot then an industrial ac is required usually attached at the side of the panel.
6. Drive to drive required spacing (Check the manual of the drive}, since the power switching activity take place inside the drive.
7. Provide required space for the transformers and AC-choke since they create magnetic flux in ac circuits.
8. Don't mix the Control cable, Power cable, Signal cable and Communication cable together in the cable tray... Otherwise you will be wired...
9. Keep the control on mcb/mccb/mpcb in handy location. So that its easier for operator to control it frequently and not disturbing other circuits..
10. Plc will be acquiring the top position in the panel since there is nothing to do with it once installed. Just we will be monitoring the status.
11. Don't place the Plc nearby to the incoming or outgoing heavy power terminals..
12. Mcc panel are easy thing to do, but do the exact calculation for the ACB selection in the incomer side. Since each feeder will be designed with tolerance level.
There being a lot more than 12 guidelines to follow. What about back-up power for the PLC? What about internal heat flow considerations (not just does it need an AC or not)? How much space between terminal blocks and wireway? What about separate AC and instrument grounds? What about wireway fill? What about wire labels? What about TSP shields? What about surge protection? In my experience, there are plenty of people that can design a panel but if they haven't gone to the field with it then they haven't been able to learn from their design mistakes.
The best thing you can do is start your design but you really need to be guided by an experienced designer.
How to become a professional in PV system?
electrical part designing
Minimum Short circuit Ik min in a 155kV network
what are diff stages to become a successful automation Engineer
voltage drop during motor starting
What is the most severe transient symmetrical fault
Is heat gain in centrifugal pumps the result of bearing friction alone?