Electric Automation Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Real-time process signature analysis/alarming
Topics: Real-time process signature analysis/alarming on General Discussion
Start by
Dennis Heaton
02-11-2014 08:18 PM

Real-time process signature analysis/alarming

I need to take an process analog input into a PLC and "learn" the waveform for a known good manufactured part. The signal amplitude will vary during the machine cycle. When the machine goes into production mode, I need to compare that real-time signal against the learned curve and alarm if it is plus/minus 5%. Anyone have a suggestion how to accomplish this? This is a job shop so new parts will frequently need to be "leaned."

If I use SCADA historian software, I don't think the response is fast enough, so I'm thinking I must do it in the PLC. Any suggestions?
02-11-2014 10:43 PM
Top #2
Lesya Rebrova
02-11-2014 10:43 PM
In order to have under control every TAG learned by PLC or SCADA or any other source, you need a system which can integrate all that data and output useful information for the user. Our product, IDbox real time monitoring system, is a data acquisition software +monitoring in real time. Besides it processes, calculates, stores and analyse real-time and historical data. It is just one system that integrates different SCADAs, Historical data, synoptic, diagrams, alarms and notifications, reports in different formats...

In IDbox site (www.idbox.cic.es) you can see the functional detail, technical documentation, product videos, and also access to online demo.

Also we have documents which compare IDbox system with other similar products in the market if you are interested on them don't hesitate to contact me lrebrova@cic.es
02-12-2014 01:31 AM
Top #3
Paul Bennett IEng MIET
02-12-2014 01:31 AM
What you did not indicate about your production process is whether or not there is a key event that you can trigger the comparison from. Also, is every cycle of the production process expected to be the same (or very closely similar) within some tolerance level? Does the cyle always take the same time?
02-12-2014 03:54 AM
Top #4
Dennis Heaton
02-12-2014 03:54 AM
The key event is when the analog signal has a value above zero, i.e. when a signal is present. Every cycle will be exactly the same which includes the analog input amplitude over time and for duration of the signal and process.
02-12-2014 06:22 AM
Top #5
Nate Bergeron
02-12-2014 06:22 AM
Extra info would be helpful:
- What PLC platform are you using?
- How long would/could a cycle last?
- Does your analog input move in steps or is it gradual?
- How fast of a reaction do you need (Does it need to be instantaneous, or a would comparison to a sample every 5-30s be acceptable)?
02-12-2014 08:32 AM
Top #6
Abhijit Landge
02-12-2014 08:32 AM
I Dont understand the question
Reply to Thread