Electric Automation Forum
Forum » Market » Automated Coil Winding Machines
Topics: Automated Coil Winding Machines on Market
Start by
David
08-28-2013 09:09 PM

Automated Coil Winding Machines

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on manufacturers of automated coil winding machines?
08-28-2013 09:10 PM
Top #2
Hanco
08-28-2013 09:10 PM
Can you be more specific, what type of coil ie. coreless (slotless), stator, armature, etc.? And what type of winder (shed/insert, needle, fly, etc.). Or are you interested in all types of winding equipment?
08-28-2013 09:11 PM
Top #3
David
08-28-2013 09:11 PM
I was hoping to find information on machines that could wind stators (not coreless), and at this point I am looking for flexibility. I would like to set up a system for short production run stator builds. Precision winding capabilities would also be helpful.
08-28-2013 09:15 PM
Top #4
Axel
08-28-2013 09:15 PM
David,

are you looking for coil winding machines and manual coil transfer only or are you also looking for coil and wedge inserting machines which automatically insert the wound coil?
Or are you looking for in slot winders?

What is the size(s) of stators you want to produce, ID and stack length?
Slot opening and slot fill?
Quantity of each model per shift?
Two ore more poles?
Single or three phase?
Interpole connection or single coils?
What grade of automation do you require?
Will short change over time be an issue?
Easy setup?
Tool costs?

There are countless brands of stator manufacturing machines, however, I would not know one who is just the best in all fields. All of them have advantages and disadvantages.
You can also get all grades of automation.

It eventually all depends on your budget.

So you may want to get deeper into it before you invest.

Kind regards
08-29-2013 08:48 PM
Top #5
David
08-29-2013 08:48 PM
Thank you for all the good comments and suggestions!

I will have a lot to think about now as I continue investigating companies. I will also get a better handle on the manufacturing requirements mentioned in the comments.
Reply to Thread