Electric Automation Forum
Forum » General Discussion » one cycle control
Topics: one cycle control on General Discussion
Start by
Alan
09-08-2013 11:29 PM

one cycle control

I am very interested in using one cycle control. I will have to grow my own control circuit as nothing space qualified using this control method.. Anyone with practical experience?
Top #2
Brad
Keep an eye on the stuff coming out of Intersil these days. OSCR -single cycle response.
09-08-2013 11:30 PM
Top #3
Marty
Alan, you need to add some definition to one-cycle control. In the analog world that is called voltage hysteretic control where two comparators set the Vripple max and min of the output voltage. In the digital world, it can mean many things.

In space, the smaller the silicon geometry, the higher the likelihood of charged particle disruption of the electronics. I realize the temptation of using the latest and coolest technology, but these are commercial/industrial grade devices (temp range only). Many of these devices could not fly on a wing of an airliner, let alone in space. Just be careful and refer to the knowledge base that already exists.
Top #4
Anthony
Single cycle is a predictive algorithm.
I forgot her name...that old Asian gal with a PHD solved all that long ago, check out her papers.

...and sorry Marty, but hysteretic control is not single cycle, you must have at least two states.
Reply to Thread