Electric Automation Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Spur growth and demand for Electric Motors in India.
Topics: Spur growth and demand for Electric Motors in India. on General Discussion
Start by
indrajit chanda
02-17-2014 09:12 PM

Spur growth and demand for Electric Motors in India.

Frost & Sullivan forecasts FHP Motors will grow from INR9814.0M in 2012 to INR12632.8M and IHP Motors from INR49230M to INR71024.4M during the same period. Demand is expected to improve from 2014, as reforms are expected to revive demand across core sectors.
02-18-2014 12:04 AM
Top #2
Keson Lee
02-18-2014 12:04 AM
Do you need NEMA motor or Aluminum motor?
02-18-2014 02:22 AM
Top #3
romesh kumar aggarwal
02-18-2014 02:22 AM
Sorry Friend. This is a generic statement to be digested with a pinch of salt. When you speak of motor efficiency, it is not energy efficiency. The Unit of Power is KW where as the unit of energy is Kwh (killowat hour) ie is how many kilowatts have been used for how much time. As a motor manufacturer you cannot control the hours and the pttern of time and load. Ihave been associated with BIS since 1966 concentrating on motors only and then Chairman of the sectional committee ETD-15 for 10 years. I wrote the first standard on energy efficient motors and withdrew it after about a year, Reason is very simple. As technical persons, we play with all these fancy words of efficiency and energy saving, but the user (i.e.) your customer is being befooled. How many of the motor manufacturers or suppliers are ready to give right to the customer to ask you to prove your guaranteed efficiency at your cost and accept penalties, if found non compliant.
Will you agree if I propose to take awa the negative tolerance permitted in the standards on the guaranteed value of efficiency. What is the high efficiency/star rating with a foot note in fine letters saying 'subject to...". Even it continues, who will bear the cost of proving, the manufacturer or thae stckist or the sales point. You cannot penalise a customer twice. Pay extra for high efficiency and if you want me to prove it, pay more. Sir, we are living in a country where the dealers produce photocopies of type test results done a few year back. Wher the resposibility of building awareness of energy efficiency lies with the sales force. LET us continue to discuss.
02-18-2014 05:13 AM
Top #4
Cherry Du
02-18-2014 05:13 AM
agree.But not in India but all of the world.High efficiency motors are the future,save energe and money.
Reply to Thread