Electric Automation Forum
Forum » Market » Recommendations for Motion Control Industry Marketing and Sales
Topics: Recommendations for Motion Control Industry Marketing and Sales on Market
Start by
Steven Buerki
10-17-2013 07:19 AM

Recommendations for Motion Control Industry Marketing and Sales

Please recommend industry associations and publications I can explore for the purpose of networking and marketing motion control products, specifically linear and rotary actuators and other industrial mechanical motion hardware.

Thanks, Steve
10-17-2013 09:33 AM
Top #2
Tim Daro
10-17-2013 09:33 AM
No better association than MCA, the Motion Control Association, which you obviously know. For magazines, there's Automation World, Control Engineering, Control Design, Intech, plus general OEM books like Design News, Machine Design, Design World and others. automation.com is a good site. Lots more of everything, Steve. Would help to know what market segments you serve (mfg/process/mil?).
We're an ad/PR agency in Chicago and have worked with motion control clients for all of our 38 years in biz. We handle several groups at Siemens and others in the mc world.
Good luck,
Tim
10-17-2013 12:08 PM
Top #3
John Hoge
10-17-2013 12:08 PM
Steven, I believe Tim covered most of the groups and pubs pertinent to your request. There are a few other pubs that are specific to markets, for example defense or aerospace that may be worth checking out if of interest to you.
10-17-2013 02:36 PM
Top #4
Frank Hurtte
10-17-2013 02:36 PM
There are three distributor groups who play key roles in the motion industry.
AHTD - distributors who specialize in automation
FPDA - distributors with fluid power backgrounds most of whom have migrated to motion
PTDA - distributors of gears, electric motors and mechanical equipment 60% also sell electronic offerings

Another group to check out is CSIA - the control systems integrator's association. These guys are the "outsourced engineering" used by End Users and a growing number of OEM's.

I realize you are a rep agency, but hopefully you are working through some good distributors. If not, you should be.
10-17-2013 05:08 PM
Top #5
John Landry
10-17-2013 05:08 PM
PTRA ia also a goo Rep networking association...
Reply to Thread