Electric Automation Forum
Forum » Solar Energy » How is present and future of business in solar products?
Topics: How is present and future of business in solar products? on Solar Energy
Start by
PRASAD PARCHURE
01-01-2014 05:27 PM

How is present and future of business in solar products?

How is present and future of business in solar products?
01-01-2014 08:02 PM
Top #2
Wenyong Yue
01-01-2014 08:02 PM
Currently there are a lot of Panel maker, and a lot of these panel maker are stop manufacturing. EU govenment is reducing subsidy of the installation. It's the trend that we need renewable energy, the world need this energy, so, I hope solar market will keep growing like wave.
01-01-2014 10:30 PM
Top #3
Anurag Srivastava
01-01-2014 10:30 PM
It depends on in which area of Solar product you want to planning to enter. Like if you are planning to start solar panel manufacturing business so I think you should drop the Idea as There are lot more manufacturers in India and production is more as compared to the demand.

Right now there is only EPC business which is growing rapidely in India and It is the right time to Enter into this as in 2013, MNRE shall launch its IInd Phase Guidelines after successfully executed Ist Phase.
01-02-2014 12:36 AM
Top #4
MOHAN KUMAR (winner's edge)
01-02-2014 12:36 AM
what is EPC business
01-02-2014 03:34 AM
Top #5
Bhuwenesh Gupta
01-02-2014 03:34 AM
Hi Mohan,

EPC is Engineering Procurement and Commissioning services. For setting up any solar power plant (for that matter any plant) the promoter usually selects an EPC service provider who supports in setting up the project. EPC activity in last couple of years in India has picked up since launch of JNNSM but it is very competitive market.

Bhuwenesh Gupta
01-02-2014 06:00 AM
Top #6
Bhuwenesh Gupta
01-02-2014 06:00 AM
Hi Prasad,

I am assuming that when you are asking for market for solar photo voltaic products in India.

This market looks very attractive.

There are multiple segments for solar products and services such as grid connected utility scale (5MW or more), rooftop solar power plants for inhouse energy consumption for commercial and industries, grid connected power plants for REC benefits, residential solar power systems, distributed solar power systems for various verticals such as banks, telecoms, milk/cold drink storage etc., small lanterns for village usage, rural electrification projects, products for markets which can use solar and LED together and so on.

Each of the above segments have their own idiosyncrasies and engineering problems which need to be carefully attended too to successfully solve the problem.

I hope this gives you some overview of solar market in India.

Bhuwenesh Gupta 
Reply to Thread