Electric Automation Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Find end users/equipment manufacturers
Topics: Find end users/equipment manufacturers on General Discussion
Start by
Desmond Khor
10-22-2013 07:16 AM

Find end users/equipment manufacturers

What method or online source to find end users/equipment manufacturers that incorporate pressure transmitters (transducers) as components into equipment would you recommend?
10-22-2013 09:20 AM
Top #2
Joe C.
10-22-2013 09:20 AM
What kind of transducers would you to looking at and what kind of machines (what type of process would the machine accomplish) would that be?
10-22-2013 11:59 AM
Top #3
Timothy Kirk
10-22-2013 11:59 AM
The easiest way would be to go to the companies that make the transmitters and ask for their customer list... I doubt they will give it to you but its worth a shot. We incorporate pressure transmitters into one of our products and I can't think of any particular way you would know that unless you just happened to know of our product, and since we private label that product it is unlikely you would know we made it.
10-22-2013 02:50 PM
Top #4
Desmond Khor
10-22-2013 02:50 PM
Joe, Timothy, we manufacture pressure transmitters and just came out with a new line with various certifications. So, to help our distributors grow sales we want to draw on a target list of OEMs that incorporate pressure transmitters into their equipment (i.e. for pneumatic control). I was wondering what the group thought would be the best way to obtain a list of these companies.
10-22-2013 05:37 PM
Top #5
Paul Butchart
10-22-2013 05:37 PM
Desmond, What you are looking for is a very large list. I don't know of any publisher that that could help you directly but I do have some suggestions. First, would be to have someone sit down with a Thomas directory. You could probably make a pretty good guess based on the brief listings there, and your own experience, if they are likely to use PTs. You might miss some of the more esoteric applications, like Timothy's, but you could get a good start. From that you could eventually build a list for cold-calling or targeted marketing. The second suggestion is to use a marketing company that has experience in targeted industrial marketing. They know that business the same way that you know pressure transmitters. It really depends on whether you have more time or money to spend. One more suggestion that popped into my head is to talk to your distributors. They spend more of their time dealing directly with the customers than you do. If they operate in different regions or areas some of them may have ideas that the others haven't thought of. Start with your top distributors since they are the ones who seem to know how to move you product the best.
10-22-2013 08:09 PM
Top #6
Desmond Khor
10-22-2013 08:09 PM
Thanks, Paul. We have already started looking into this with Thomas, D&B, and a couple of other smaller directories. Agree with what you wrote about distributors, and perhaps this is for a different discussion, but distributors tend to hold their customer contacts closely. The challenge, then, is to convince them to open up and this can mean employing several different strategies.
10-22-2013 10:20 PM
Top #7
Paul Butchart
10-22-2013 10:20 PM
That is a problem if they are not tethered distributors. That's why I would recommend hiring a marketing consultant. I know automation systems. I would never want to be a marketing consultant. So, I will pay someone to do the marketing analysis so I can keep doing what I do. By the same philosophy, I like working on my own cars but if my transmission needs to be rebuilt I hire a mechanic. By digging through the directories you may be successful in finding some new customers but at what cost in time and effort? How does that compare to the cost of hiring a consutant to do the search for you? The right consultant could have all the information sitting in a database and all you have to do is ask the right question. Good luck, I hope whichever way you go it makes you and your company a ton of profit.
Reply to Thread