Electric Automation Forum
Forum » Solar Energy » Chinese company is not protected by sales contract
Topics: Chinese company is not protected by sales contract on Solar Energy
Start by
Ashley Zhou
12-31-2013 08:35 PM

Chinese company is not protected by sales contract

Any lawyers here? As a sales manager for Chinese company, I think Chinese company is not protected by sales contract. If the customers don't want to pay, the Chinese company can do nothing. Should there be any services provided for this situation?
Thanks
12-31-2013 11:08 PM
Top #2
dong cheng
12-31-2013 11:08 PM
You can take them to course for justification if you have evidence on their violation on the contract terms and condition.
01-01-2014 01:54 AM
Top #3
Alberto Gulisano
01-01-2014 01:54 AM
You should consider the issuance of a warranty bond to cover the purchase price, issued by a primary bank. In case the goods have been already given, you should evaluate the contractual remedies. alberto.gulisano@gulisano.it
01-01-2014 04:30 AM
Top #4
Ashley Zhou
01-01-2014 04:30 AM
It is for big orders. Any simple way for small orders?
01-01-2014 07:17 AM
Top #5
Aadesh Kothari Jain
01-01-2014 07:17 AM
Surana Ventures Ltd. is the manufacturer of Solar Cells and Solar PV Modules of sizes 3 WP to 245 WP with MNRE / IEC approvals. We also have a 35MW capacity Cell Manufacturing Plant built by the German company Centrotherm. Looking for best price and service - contact us @ aadesh@surana.com
01-01-2014 10:08 AM
Top #6
Gary WANG
01-01-2014 10:08 AM
No matter big or small orders, the payment term should be very prudent. L/C is good means to collect money, but you still involve your legal guys in so as to review if the L/C terms is applicable and executable, since there are many "soft clause" therein, which may make troubles in every stage of effectiveness of L/C, and prevent the collecdon of documents by the beneficiary, but in any circumstance, the lega guys must be expertised in international trade laws and experience. If you needed, I can help to recommend. please give me email via wangyu770@gmail.com.
01-01-2014 01:02 PM
Top #7
Adrian Dyer
01-01-2014 01:02 PM
Without knowing the details, I would suggest brokering the deal through a local representative, an employee with a business address in the same country as the purchaser. Then make arrangements according to locally binding laws. It is a strong proactive postion of good-faith with a safe fall-back position in case of trouble. If the volume is large enough or steady enough, the representative pencils out and/or may generate further local business.

On the other hand, you must always consider the opportunity cost of persons themselves. Some are simply not worth the time or energy. If someone gives you the jitters enough to raise a question like this one (I mean specifically about them, not generally about international trade), you should listen to that inner voice.

Become better at reading people. Do back ground checks of purchase history, not credit rating. Who else has done business with them? Etc. Become a reserved, exclusive seller. Closing some doors opens others ...
Reply to Thread