Electric Automation Forum
Forum » Solar Energy » Solar contracting business
Topics: Solar contracting business on Solar Energy
Start by
Diane Sheehan
02-27-2014 08:24 AM

Solar contracting business

Hello we are starting an Solar contracting business, husband is taking exam in Oct is there a sample / prep exam available anywhere? Also any tips & resources would be greatly appreciated.
02-27-2014 10:47 AM
Top #2
Sean Barr
02-27-2014 10:47 AM
Hi Diane,

Congrats on taking the leap into solar! If your husband is taking NABCEP exam, I believe he will be required to take 40 hours of coursework first. Last I checked they were using the book "Photovoltaics: Design and Installation Manual". You can get it on Amazon for <$50. Definitely a handy resource for the designer, depending on his and your electrical background.

Let me know if you have any other questions...I've helped a few early stage PV contractors up here in NJ/PA. I'm now in distribution, so when you land your first customer I'm here with all your module/inverter/racking/BOS needs ;)

Cheers,
Sean
02-27-2014 01:12 PM
Top #3
Thomas Rivette
02-27-2014 01:12 PM
Hello Diane,

We are based here in Florida and are specializing in the distribution of Turn Key Solar kits for Dealers and Distributors.

We deliver Permit Engineered drawings, onsite dealer training here in Edgewater and the best quality/pricing nationwide.

Please give me a call, I believe we can help support your business.

All the Best,

Thomas
02-27-2014 04:06 PM
Top #4
Hal Slater
02-27-2014 04:06 PM
Diane,
The 40 hour course may be required, depending upon your husband's background. It is on the NABCEP site. They used to post a study guide but I cannot find the link. Send me your email address so I can send it as an attachment.

Warning: Study hard. These certifications are not easy to get.

Hal Slater

02-27-2014 06:12 PM
Top #5
ARATI JOSHI
02-27-2014 06:12 PM
Hi Diane

I think for the Entry Level preparation of NABCEP exam preparation this site is quite useful.
Reply to Thread