Electric Automation Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Savings Through Fine-Tuning of Process Control Loops
Topics: Savings Through Fine-Tuning of Process Control Loops on General Discussion
Start by
Usman Amjad Mir
03-25-2014 11:08 PM

Savings Through Fine-Tuning of Process Control Loops

Dear All,
I am working on a project and need your expert guidance and support for some questions related to process control loop optimization. Kindly give point-wise reply to my questions:
1) Is there any savings potential we can talk about if we fine-tune our process control loops (e.g.) fuel flow control loop for boiler or incinerator.
2) What are those applications in which savings can be thought of if fine-tuning is carried out on their associated control loops.
3) Procedure of calculating savings after fine-tuning of specific control loop?

Any support related to my questions is highly appreciated. Thanks.
03-26-2014 01:40 AM
Top #2
Balakrishna Padiyar
03-26-2014 01:40 AM
You are welcome to be with specific problem, more details to us.
03-26-2014 04:29 AM
Top #3
Usman Amjad Mir
03-26-2014 04:29 AM
Hi Balakrishna, thanks for the warm welcome. Actually this is new area for me and I am working on oppurtunities in energy savings on compressor to harness savings potential in this division. I don't know what parameters do I need to study at this stage as I dont have any data. Before getting into data collection and details of compressor I have to make sure if this works and what are problems associated with it as I illustrated in my detailed questions above.
03-26-2014 07:22 AM
Top #4
Balakrishna Padiyar
03-26-2014 07:22 AM
Mr Usman, you look for optimisation of the performance fuel flow control for boiler.
You have to asses the load and no load condition ,how you want the set point of control loop be varied for load conditions .you may study your equipment and asses the parameters you would be regularly monitored you may come to be spific areas of help you would need
Reply to Thread