Electric Automation Forum
Forum » Market » DCS
Topics: DCS on Market
Start by
Emmanuel Miranda
10-22-2013 07:08 PM

DCS

for you what is the best DCS in the market today ? and what are the main features that should be available as standard ?
10-22-2013 09:45 PM
Top #2
Sandeep Sonavane
10-22-2013 09:45 PM
Hello, Mr. Emmanuel,

I recomend Emerson Delta V to be the best in the present Market for small and medium applications, as it is more user friendly, robust,redudancy, Easy troubleshooting. and much more..

i would post more details for you, if required.

Regards

Sandeep Sonavane
10-23-2013 12:33 AM
Top #3
George Lala
10-23-2013 12:33 AM
Mr. Miranda,

My experience has leant it self to believe Emersons Ovation is the best on todays market. Main reason is user friendliness in programming, or structuring, graphics look the best as well as expandability. Additionally, with OPC capabilities and other interfacing methods, opens amny doors for amny different interface types. Not to mention, Emerson has many other support capabilities that add to a customer satisfaction rate. I have used Ovation and its older brothers WDPFI and II. I hope that helps. If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me.

Regards

George R. Lala
10-23-2013 02:39 AM
Top #4
J. Alfredo Ricárdez M.
10-23-2013 02:39 AM
Hello Emmanuel,

At our site we currently have 4 DCS brands, Honeywell Experion; Fiher-Rosemount RS3, Bailey I90 and Honeywell TPS. Recently I have been asked to evaluate the migration strategy for the RS3 DCS and evaluated Honeywell, Allen-Bradley, Emerson and ABB. The most reliable option is Emerson DeltaV. Its robust hardware design, open connectivity, embeded OSI PI Historian and APC system are a few good factors for us to decide moving to this DCS.
10-23-2013 04:59 AM
Top #5
Paulo Afonso
10-23-2013 04:59 AM
Hi Emmanuel

Please search about SIEMENS PCS 7, based on SQL Server and SIMATIC S7-400 platform. Its robust hardware solution, and open gateway for information for us if the system for small and middle range up to 150000 I/O is turn payed, got the best benchmark.

Regards

P.Afonso
10-23-2013 07:05 AM
Top #6
Thirumalaisamy Palanisamy
10-23-2013 07:05 AM
Mr. Emmanuel,

The DCS selection will vary based on the Application and cost effective solutions. Most of the Batching applications, and Pharmaceutical plants (CFR 21 Part 11 compliance) then you can choose Emerson Delta V systems. Oil and Gas, Power plants, FPSO you can choose ABB / Honeywell / Yokogawa DCS. Based on my experience, the Siemens systems are the best and the programming is not much user friendly and it needs some expertise.
Reply to Thread