Electric Automation Forum
Forum » General Discussion » PLC-5 Question for Online Addition of Flex IO AI card on Remote IO Link » Reply Thead

Your name:

Put the result (3 + 9) in      

Start by
Usman Younis (40 Recommendations)
10-23-2013 08:24 AM

PLC-5 Question for Online Addition of Flex IO AI card on Remote IO Link

Dear all,

I am facing an issue at site on a Process PLC (PLC-5) while trying to add 4 new AI channels for Flow Meters.

We have redundant racks containing PLC-5 (1785-L80C 1.5) Processors with BCM module and power supply in each.
The IO configuration is attached, All IO are connected via Remote IO originating CPU & going to BCM and then to Remote IO Adaptors in each Rack.

We have Chassis 15 or Rack number 17 (a Flex IO node 1794-ASB on Remote IO) having only one 1794-IE8 Analog Input Card
configured.
My question is that "Can we add 2 more 1794-IE8 Analog Input Cards While Online". After Searching on Rockwell site and Knowledgebase I am unable to find a document that states this activity is possible or provides a procedure. I am assuming that it should be possible to Add a new Flex IO module
1794-IE8 in IO Configuration, and manually add BTW and BTR instructions and rungs using existing BT Files and existing N files and make these card work.

Kindly advise or Let me know who will be the right person to answer this kind of query