Electric Automation Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Find the best pump/IPS solution?
Topics: Find the best pump/IPS solution? on General Discussion
Start by
Doug Comeau
02-24-2014 09:50 PM

Find the best pump/IPS solution?

I have a customer that is expanding his cranberry operation. I supplied them with the piping and he has now asked if I can supply the pumps/IPS and sprinklers. I work in municipal waterworks and have zero experience with irrigation systems. As I'm sure you can understand....I have many questions. I'll start with the what I do know: I know the dimensions of the expansion area, the individual bed dimensions, lateral line size by bed, nozzle size, estimated/required PSI by lateral, GPM and that the water is going to be drawn from a retention pond. There is an existing 20 acre field that may end up being irrigated using this new system. What additional information do I require in order to find the best pump/IPS solution? Is there an industry standard worksheet or guide lines to follow? Should I just call a pump supplier and give him the info I have and let them make a recomendation? Is there a preferred brand of pump? Would 2 smaller pumps be more efficient than 1 larger pump? I want to understand the "why this pump over that pump" scenarios, etc. I apologize for being long winded and will appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks for your time,

Doug
02-25-2014 12:01 AM
Top #2
Anis Hamdani Zuberi
02-25-2014 12:01 AM
1. You should call a pump supplier. He will guide you about the requirements.
2. Two smaller pumps are better than one single larger pump. Also you can consider VFD drive for pumps.
Reply to Thread